Hiring: Head of UK&I Marketing
We are a rapid-growth start-up located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil, the only milk made in Britain, uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, has grown to a 160-person team who are passionate about giving children the best start to life.
We are a Queens’ Award winner, are ranked by Alantra as one of the Top10 Fastest Growing Food/Drink companies in the UK and by the Financial Times as among Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies.
We’re seeking a Head of Marketing (UK) on a permanent full-time basis to direct and oversee the communication and content strategy of our award-winning brand, while growing our awareness and scope both online and offline.
You will manage and lead a young, talented and energetic team, creating exceptional-quality content that educates, engages, empowers and inspires our parents while creating a sense of community. You will become an authority on our disruptive brand’s unique points of difference, helping our content team navigate the unique regulations of the infant nutrition industry while successfully operating within the ever-changing environment of a rapid-growth start-up.
You will be a senior member of our Marketing team and will work closely with senior management across the business. We’re a small but vast remote team with employees in the UK, Ireland, the Caribbean and Asia – meaning you’re free to work from anywhere in the UK with a good internet connection. We live in Slack, have daily catch-ups and meet up in-person when we can to celebrate achievements. We’re a friendly team looking for someone who can create a strong team culture and lead by example.
This is a full-time role, with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Oversee a 10-person marketing team comprising social media, email marketing, video, graphic design, community, brand partnerships and affiliates
- Lead the development of first-class short and long term content, in digital and non-digital formats, that builds awareness, inspires customers, drives engagement and creates community
- Research, conceptualize, write and publish content including product launches, blogs, emails, web pages and press releases for onsite, social, influencer, TV, podcast, in-store and editorial placements
- Own and develop the SEO strategy, ensuring the brand ranks highly for all relevant search terms, working with our internal team and external partners to drive and execute these plans
- Partner with our Commercial Director, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Head of Growth and external PR agencies to ideate, build and execute a content roadmap to support overall marketing goals
- Become an expert in Kendamil’s products and apply brand tone of voice to all marketing content
- Monitor, measure and report on the impact of our content against key commercial metrics
- Build, lead and develop a young and energetic content team, creating an open feedback culture
- Utilise and oversee our team collaboration platforms including Asana, Slack, Gorgias and G-Suite
- 5+ years Content or Marketing experience, preferably with a B2C brand, with demonstrated success
- 3+ years direct management experience
- Experience drafting and editing short-form (social) and long-form (blog) content on digital platforms
- Demonstrated success creating innovative content across different channels and formats
- Innovative creative thinker able to tailor memorable content within voice and tone guidelines
- User-centricity, challenging the status quo and putting our customers at the heart of our content
- Experience utilising SEO to fully optimise content and validating content topics using research
- Commercial experience in closing partnership deals with brands, influencers and affiliates
- Experience managing a marketing budget across multiple channels and delivering to ROI targets
- Strong communicator who can communicate complex messages clearly, concisely and memorably
- Proven stakeholder relationship building, respect and rapport
- A very high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commercially minded and entrepreneurial in nature, thriving in a fast-paced, growing business
- Strong people management skills and experience in recruiting and developing a winning team
- Demonstrates empathy, leads by example, and contributes to building a desirable team culture
Nice to have
- Experience working within a digital-first brand
- Experience working within a consumer brand / baby brand / nutrition brand
- UK based parent with experience of the Infant feeding journey
What you get from us…
- A positive talented team working environment
- A competitive salary taking into account your experience and skill set
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Government pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Hospital Cash-Back Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Remote Working